08 February 2012

Angst-lite

Oh dear. In my bid to lighten up the angst in my wip, I have the sneaky suspicion that I've simplified the hero's conflict so much that he now has none.

So far it's mainly revolved around him wanting to get the heroine into bed - something she's none too keen on. This has got me to 20k but is hardly going to sustain the story for the next 30k, especially since she's got over her resistance and has just succumbed to his irresistible charms.

Hmm. I think it's time to go back and see if there any conflict strands already there that I can deepen...
.

2 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

Darn men ;-) I hope it's an easy fix for you, Lucy.

Lucy King said...

Yes, they're a pain! But he's the least of my worries, as am now going through the 'whole story is pants' phase...