03 February 2011

A challenge

I've set myself a bit of a challenge and have decided to see if I can finish my next book by the end of February. This means writing at least 2000 words a day for the rest of the month (net of deletion), so naturally I'm finding all sorts of other Extremely Interesting and Important things to do. Yesterday I spent a considerable amount of time wondering if I could ever get the word humuhumunukunukuapua'a into a story and today I've been browsing the Harlequin Office for the Preservation of the Kiss. I can barely wait to see what excitements lie in store for tomorrow. I may even get to Chapter Five.

3 comments:

Lollslynne said...

re the humuhumu word... simple, set your next novel in Hawaii, where it's the state fish... and in order for the book to be authentic, make sure you go on a vacation there, stat! hehehe

Lucy King said...

A truly excellent idea!!! My heroine could be an ichthyologist (sp???)...

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

You can do it, Lucy.

XX