24 January 2010

Kreativ Blogging


The fabulous Lorraine has nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger award, so here are 7 (possibly not very) interesting facts about me.
  1. I hate mushrooms. Although I can just about bear the little white ones raw in salads, the mere smell of mushrooms cooking makes me gag.
  2. I was once approached by MI6. Luckily (as I'm not too good at keeping secrets) they decided I wasn't right for the job.
  3. I have a masters in Arabic (which may account for 2.) and Spanish.
  4. My sense of direction is non-existent, although my map-reading skills aren't too bad.
  5. I asked my husband out on our first date. He initially said no.
  6. I was once shot at in the Yemeni desert by bedouin would-be kidnappers. I think they decided in the end that 5 shrieking British girls weren't worth the hassle.
  7. I prefer cats to dogs.
The peeps I tag are:

Heidi Rice, Kate Hardy, Natalie Anderson, Trish Wylie, Mira Lyn Kelly, Julie Cohen and Phillipa Ashley.

(If the 7 points above have piqued your interest, there's even more stuff about me and my writing in my recent interview over at Cataromance.)

4 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Shot at by Bedouin?? MI6? Are you sure you haven't missed your calling, Lucy? Bond, Jane Bond... :-)

Lorraine said...

Ooh how interesting. Did Rupert Penry Jones try to recruit you? Probably not or we wouldn't have seen you for dust ;-) Well that and the fact he isn't a real spy!
Thanks for partaking Lucy.

Lacey Devlin said...

Well I'm outraged on your behalf for number 5! I hope he had a good reason for saying no!

M16! How incredible!

And thanks for the tip. Shrieking to avoid kidnap. That kind of a defense mechanism doesn't even take up space in your handbag ;)

Lucy King said...

Jackie, I think one of the reasons they rejected me was because I said 'Oh! This is just like James Bond!' Yes. Really. Mortifying.

Lorraine, RPJ could ask me to do anything and I'd do it.

Lacey, to be fair to him, he did have a good reason (big exams) and he did ring me up after to arrange a date :)