The fabulous Lorraine has nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger award, so here are 7 (possibly not very) interesting facts about me.
- I hate mushrooms. Although I can just about bear the little white ones raw in salads, the mere smell of mushrooms cooking makes me gag.
- I was once approached by MI6. Luckily (as I'm not too good at keeping secrets) they decided I wasn't right for the job.
- I have a masters in Arabic (which may account for 2.) and Spanish.
- My sense of direction is non-existent, although my map-reading skills aren't too bad.
- I asked my husband out on our first date. He initially said no.
- I was once shot at in the Yemeni desert by bedouin would-be kidnappers. I think they decided in the end that 5 shrieking British girls weren't worth the hassle.
- I prefer cats to dogs.
Heidi Rice, Kate Hardy, Natalie Anderson, Trish Wylie, Mira Lyn Kelly, Julie Cohen and Phillipa Ashley.
(If the 7 points above have piqued your interest, there's even more stuff about me and my writing in my recent interview over at Cataromance.)