02 May 2011

Game Theory for Socialites*

While waiting for the verdict on the revisions I turned in for Bk 4 (and not much liking all these bank holidays!), I'm thinking about ideas for the next book. I'm at that exciting-but-scary stage of figuring out my characters and their conflicts. Exciting because it could go anywhere and scary for exactly the same reason.

So far I have a gregarious yet lonely and restless It-girl and the gorgeous but emotionally bankrupt womaniser, Jack Taylor. Jack put in an appearance in Bought: Damsel in Distress as Luke's best friend, and has been demanding his own story ever since. Which he might regret when he sees what I plan to torment him with - and man, does he have issues!

I have the horrible suspicion, though, that it won't be long before he's getting his own back...

*Bk 5's working title

5 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

I'm loving the title, Lucy. I'm also really looking forward to Jack's story. Poor guy's going to have to go through the wringer.

Lucy King said...

Me too, I should think!

Haven Yates said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maisey said...

I heard the words hero torture and came running. Sounds fab, Lucy. Abnd I'm with you on the bank holidays! Back to work everyone! ;)

PS, sorry, on hubby's computer, posted as him first!

Erin said...

Ooooh! I am so excited to hear Jack is getting his own story. I think he deserves some torment at the hands of a beautiful woman.