07 November 2012

The right track

I'm beginning a new wip and am at that dangerous stage of being perfectly capable of charging off in completely the wrong direction. It's happened before and I'm not naive enough to think that it won't ever happen again. But by knowing my characters inside out, by knowing what motivates them and how they'll respond to things I hope I can at least minimise the risk of getting it all horribly wrong. So that's what I'm up to this wet and rainy afternoon - fleshing out my characters with the kind of detail that will never make it into the book (that I'm imaginatively calling Dan and Zoe) but will keep me on the right track. I hope...

1 comment:

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

What an AWWW!SOME opportunity
to serve you on earth:

Just a savvy lil' witty ditty
on why we ROTE our 22 blogs:

Faith, hope, and love -
the greatest of these is love:
jump into faith...
and you'll see with love.
Doesn’t matter if you don’t believe
(what I write);
God believes in you.
God. Bless. You.