23 September 2009

Prost!

Well, the authors' lunch was fab. Needless to say I forgot to take my camera but I sat next to Kate Hardy and Sabrina Philips and had a whale of a time. I also saw my editor, who most excitingly wants to do lunch (although she might change her mind once she's read the ms I've just emailed).

Yes, that's right. Book Two has finally gone in. Woefully short and almost certainly coming back to me with more revisions, but frankly after working solidly on the thing for weeks and getting up at 4am for the past three days I'm just glad I don't have to look at it any more.

By way of celebration, I'm off to Oktoberfest tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jackie Ashenden said...

Congrats on finishing book two, Lucy! And here's to hoping the revisions are little ones. :-) Enjoy the Oktoberfest. Perhaps you can get some ideas for a sexy hero in lederhosen. ;-)

Lorraine said...

Congrats on finishing Lucy.

Not sure about the lederhosen Jackie, that would take some pulling off ;-)

Lacey Devlin said...

Congrats on book 2 Lucy! In the words of Ina Yalof "have a glass of champane and some birthday cake".

I don't suppose next time you could take me with you to the authors' lunch? I promise not to shriek too loudly every time I spot an author...?

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Congratulations - can't wait to read it.

The lunch sound terribly glamorous.

:-)

Sabrina Philips said...

Congrats on finishing number 2 Lucy! It was great to meet you at the lunch, and can totally sympathise with those early starts. Sometimes it's the only way...

Got my fingers crossed that your revisions are minimal and painless.

Sabrina xx

P.S. My ms's seems to be getting shorter every book. My last one had a rought draft that was 52,000 but ended up going through at just over 45,000 - I hope that might be reassuring to you!